Throw back to my Maui life…paradise, beach walks, farmers market, like minded people, yoga flow…and vegan cookies.
It was in Maui were I started my first yoga classes and the one thing..besides the forever yoga addiction, that I remember very well, were the after yoga chat moments, where we sat together, drank tea and munched on these amazing chewy, healthy, and tasteful cookies, made by the yoga teacher herself.
Here I share one of her recipes. If you get hooked on these cookies like we did, you can order her cookie book Sweet Lips, Skinny Hips on amazon, for just $ 5,99. (kindle version)
My girls love to make these cookies.. get hooked too!
- 1/2 -3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbs Egg Replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk and or coconut milk (luke warm)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 F or 170 C
- Process the wet ingredients in the food processor, run in pulses until smooth and even. Scrape down the sides. (contents may separate but that's ok)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a sturdy spoon.
- Now add the Shredded coconut, macnuts and chocolate chips, mix again.
- The dough should not be too wet, not to dry! If too wet..add some more flower, if too dry add some more almond milk. At the end, it should be easy to use the ice cream scooper.
- Use a trigger scoop to place perfect half-domes of dough on parchment paper-covered tray and bake. When scooping the batter, use the heel of your hand to press the dough into the scooper, and scrape off the excess overflow.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before removing from the baking tray.
- Cookies are suitable for freezing in a ziplock bag.