Tahini dressings are very popular these days, here’s my version…finally after many try-outs. It consists of 10 ingredients..but definitely worth it. Most of them are essentials in your kitchen anyhow, when following my recipes!! I will make an overview of all these important ‘condiments’ soon.
Making the dressing is easy, then store in a jar in your fridge, so you have it ready available when making a quick salad.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs (sweet) miso paste
- 2 tbs shoyu or tamari sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 3/4 inch fresh ginger chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes..or more for more spicyness.
- optional: a bit of grated lemon zest and 1 tbs of sesame seeds
- In a blender, or in your nutribullet, blend all ingredients. Taste and add more maple syrup for more sweetness, more lemonjuice or lemon zest for more lemontaste, more chili flakes for more spicynes, more sesame oil for more sesame taste...and so on!...
- Some blenders are too big..to blend a small yield, like this. Although the amount above in this recipe should work, I've tested it myself, and works well in my vitamix. (not the new wide container!)
- A small foodprocessor, like a 'Braun' or a Cuisinart might work aswell.
- Once ready, pour dressing into a nice jar and it will keep in your fridge for at least a week.