Looking for an appetizer or late afternoon snack, which is healthy at the same time?
I guarantee you this one will be successful.
As soon as I place it on the table with lots of veggie sticks, the bowl of hummus is empty in 5 minutes including all vegetables that I served with it.
Hummus is a great vegan dip, no dairy and no animal protein included. Lots of plant based protein from the chickpeas and a calcium rich sesame tahini.
- Can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbs of white tahini
- 1/2 - 1 garlic clove
- 1 - 3 tbs of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor is the easiest way. Some people use blenders, but these need more liquid, which ends up making your hummus more liquidy.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse for 1/2 minute.
- Scrape the sides, pulse again.
- Taste, add salt for more saltiness, add cumin for more cumin taste, and so on...
- If you like it spicy, add some cayenne pepper, chili flakes, or garlic
- Variation: Add some fresh parsley leaves, cilantro leaves, or spring onions at the end for a slightly different taste. Blend until herbs are well mixed, but green flakes are still visible.
Yvette’s Healthy Kitchen http://yvetteshealthykitchen.com/