I am sharing here with you a salad recipe inspired by “Leon’s restaurants”, a naturally fast food company offering mostly mediterranean dishes.
This salad is super green, super healthy, super easy and super yummy.
You can definitely eat this salad as a main dish, accompanied with some bread or you can add some quinoa into your salad which is a great combination too.
- 3/4 cup of broccoli florets, blanched**
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas (defrosting will take place while you make the salad)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1/2 a avocado slice or cubed
- a handful of mint leaves chopped
- 2 springonions chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of truffle oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- some drops of vinegar (optional: white whine, sherry or white balsamic)
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp of honey or maple syrup salt and pepper
- Mix all the veggies in a salad bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Pour some dressing (not all at once) over the salad, carefully mix.
- Add the crumbled cheese over the salad, and add some more dressing if needed.
- ** Blanching: heat water in a pot, once it boils add the broccoli. Boil for 2 -3 minutes, drain and rinse off with very cold water, until the broccoli has cooled off. This way your broccoli stays nicely crisp and brightly green.
- Tip: You can add some cooked quinoa to the salad, for more energy in the form of healthy whole carbs.
- Tip: When pomegranate seeds are in season, add these to the salad. Great for colour and great for vitamins and extra anti-oxidants.