Craving for some healthy, raw greens ..this is your’s!
A beautiful mix of vegetables, all colours of the rainbow, meaning lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Combined with the Asian dressing, the cilantro and seeds, it’s a very tasty dish. Make more in one go..so you have your next day Lunch.
Good luck and hope to hear from you on FB or Instagram: #yvetteshealthykitchen
Crunchy Asian Style Salad (raw)
Measurements are just an indication.. feel free to explore and make changes if you like
- 1- 2 pounds of baby spinach
- 1-2 grated carrots
- 2 cups grated or thinly sliced red cabbage and/or white cabbage
- 1 small cucumber cut "en julienne"
- 1 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- grated beet optional; it makes the whole salad more reddish..as the beet colour will mingle with all other veggies
- bean sprouts or alfafa
- 1 cup of peeled edamame beans
- 1/2 cup chopped springonions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup of toasted seeds/nuts like cashews peanuts, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame
Extra optional ingredients
- dulse nice salty addition
- chili pepper if you like it hot
- some grains like quinoa or brown rice for additional healthy carbs
- if you prefer meat.. some organic chicken or wild salmon will be a good combo aswell
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or apple cider
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 -3 tbs tamari soysauce
- 1-2 tbs maple syrup or agave if you prefer
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbs sesame seeds black, brown or white
- In a blender, mix all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste, add more ginger or garlic to your liking. Maybe some hotwater if you prefer it more liquidy. Pour into a jar, it will keep in the fridge for at 2 weeks.
- Prepare the cabbage, squeeze the juice of 1 lemon or lime over the cabbage, some salt and a dash of olive oil. Massage cabbage and let it stand for some time. (you may prepare this a couple of hours in advance, in order for the cabbage to soften)
- Prepare all other veggies (except spinach) and mix everything together in a big salad bowl.
- mix again to get the dressing well incorporated with the salad.
- Add spinach and carefully mix again.
- Sprinkle with all toppings: spring onions, cilantro, avocado, nuts and seeds and some more dressing and voila enjoy!
Also great lunch on a summer BBQ evening.