Kale Salad, with Dates, Pomegranate and shaved parmesan
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1 or 2 sweet onions cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 5 to t 6 medjool dates chopped
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Optional: roasted walnuts
- Good tasting olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Preferably white balsamic vinegar but if you won't have this one, use a bit more lemon juice and a tiny bit of normal balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together: olive oil lemon juice and vinegar. shake it. (you may add 2 tbs of water also, or some fresh orange juice can also help to dilute the dressing)
- Slice onions and sauté in some coconut oil, until soft and medium brown, set aside to cool.
- Tear of Kale leaves and chop kale.
- Mix together: olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar. shake it. (you may add 2 tbs of water also, or some fresh orange juice can also help to dilute the dressing)
- Add Kale in bowl and add dressing, Salt and Pepper, massage and squeeze into the kale to soften the kale.
- Chop dates, add to kale,
- Add pomegranate seeds
- Mix it all together, and taste, add more dressing, S/P if needed
- Serve on a plate, sprinkle with shaved parmesan and/or roasted chopped walnuts
- If you have an avocado...add this too.