My first experience cooking as a chef for Retreats was in Bali at Rooted Lifestyle (Myrthe), where I was inspired by the tropical fruits, herbs and spices and created this beautiful looking and tasteful breakfast. Ever since it’s a signature dish at Retreats, which is received with great feedback. Finally here the complete recipe in dutch (and english coming real soon!)
It’s fun to make it in a glass, with all the layers, but a little bit of work. Keep in mind that you can always use the recipes seperately and finish it off with any other toppings that you have at hand. So it doesn’t have to be this combination. Use these as guideline, and then continue with your own creativity. You can do it! Looking forward to see your version on instagram.
- high speed blender
- 2-3 ripe mango's or 2 cups frozen cubes
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 5-6 Medjool dadels, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4-5 cardamon pods (or 1/2 tsp cardamon seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-3 cups water
- 3/4 cup chia zaadjes
- Soak cashew nuts for 30 min in warm water.
- roast the desiccated coconut.
- open the cardamon pods and take out the seeds. (the seeds have more taste than the cardamon powder)
- Add all ingredients, except the CHIA SEEDS, in a high speed blender. Add just 2 cups of water, and blend until smooth.
- taste and adjust.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add 3/4 of a cup of chia seeds. Mixing thoroughly. And do this several times over the next 10 minutes in order to prevent chia seeds lumps. Then cover in place in fridge overnight. (or leave in fridge for an hour at least)
- check for thickness. add more water if desired.
Vanilla lime "overnight chia-oats"
- 1/2 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 lime zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup any kind of plantbased milk
- 1-2 tbs optional: coconut cream or coconut yoghurt for more creaminess
Recipe guideline: (contents may change due to personal preference)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, stir well.
- taste and adjust. Add more lime zest and juice for a refreshing slighly tart taste. Add more sweetner for more sweetness.
- Place in fridge overnight
- Next morning take out of fridge. Usually you need to add more liquid and stir again thoroughly.
The Complete Recipe: Tropical Mango Layered Parfait
Contents are a guideline
- 2 tbs fresh mango cubed
- 1 tbs Kaffir lime Leave Granola
- 3 tbs Overnight Vanilla-lime oats
- some banana slices
- 3 tbs mango-chia lassie
- 1 tbs Kaffir Lime Leave Granola
- 1 tbs coconut yoghurt
- 1 tl passievruchten vlees in een kuiltje in de yoghurt
- some coconut flakes
- some cacao nibs
- mint and edible flowers
- Have all ingredients ready and a big glass or glass jar.
- The contents and the order in which the ingredients are listed are just a guideline.
- Be creative and make it your own.