The Basics for this super yummy and versatile spread was given to me by dearest friend Kelly from Maui. I made it several times now and its really easy to make, measurements and ingredients can easily vary.
It’s a great base for sandwiches, wraps or if you just need a spread on a cracker as a mid afternoon snack.
I love it in wraps or Collard wraps, then topped with lots of thinly sliced veggies, avocado and a tahini sauce. Can a vegan wrap get any more delicious than this??
So here the recipe for the spread. Next post will be how to make Collard Wraps with this spread as a base.
Stay tuned and enjoy making this spread.
Spicy Cashew-Carrot Dip
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews just an hour in hot water is usually enough or overnight if you think about it on time!
- 1 cup carrots roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbs miso paste optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped (cilantro/coriander works great aswell!)
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- spices such as 'ras al hanout' or a curry powder mix or a harissa powder mix 1/2 tbs or more, just test.
Additional ingredients that you might need to make it more soft and smooth
- more tahini miso paste, some olive oil, some luke warm water, just add little bits and pieces add the time.
- Using a foodprocessor is a necessity. A blender will not work, therefor it's not liquidy enough.
- Add carrots and chop for a minute.
- Add all other ingredients and pulse several times. Use a scraper to bring down the sides. Chop again.
- Now it comes back to your own creativity and testing. Taste it, add more spices if you like it more spicy, add some miso paste if you favor miso. Add more tahini or some olive oil for more smoothness.
- When you are satisfied with the outcome, transfer the spread to some glass jar's or any other bowl that you like to serve it on.