One of the best dips I have ever tasted! Everyone is amazed by the combination of flavors.
It’s raw and vegan, no dairy, no gluten, etc. The main ingredient is almonds, so be prepared and soak them the night before.
During several raw cooking classes in Maui, I, and many others, witnessed the wonderful, healthy, creative, and tasteful recipes created by Renee Loux.
With her permission and with a link to her own website Renee Loux, I am sharing the recipe with you.
It’s a great dip to serve with a variety of veggies, kids will love it too. With its thai flavour, it’s great in combination with any kind of wrap, veggie rolls, vietnamese rolls, etc.
I recently tried it with grilled tuna, absolutely divine. Or served it as a dressing on my Asian Crunchy Salad.
Spicy Sprouted Almond Dip, Thai Style
- 3/4 cup soaked almonds 8 hours overnight
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 2 table spoons umeboshi plum vinegar
- 1 table spoons shoyu soy sauce
- 1 - 2 table spoons maple syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 - 2 table spoons chopped ginger
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs chopped galangal optional
- Place all ingredients, except the cilantro, in a blender and blend at high speed until smooth, adding water if necessary. (less water for a thicker sauce, more water for a thinner sauce)
- Add cilantro and blend in pulses until thoroughly mixed but specks of herbs are still visible.