Just a quick post, for a quick and succesful summer salad!
Summer Spinach Salad with Sweet Strawberries
- fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 or 2 yellow or red onions halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries sliced or quartered
- 3/4 - 1 cup of walnuts halved or roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil preferably a good quality, that makes such a difference
- 1/4 cup walnut oil I really like this brand: La Tourangelle
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbs white balsamico vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- optional: some honey
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Sauté onion slowly until nicely brown (in olive oil, butter or coconut oil). Place on a plate and let it cool down slightly.
- In same skillet roast the walnuts.
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients in a jar, shake and taste. Add more juice or honey for sweetness, more walnut oil for a nuttier taste, or more vinegar for tartness.
- Place all spinach in a big salad bowl.
- Add some of the dressing, and a good amount of freshly grounded sea salt and black pepper, mix thoroughly.
- Add the onions,
- Divide the strawberries on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
- For a non vegan option you can add some baked haloumi, feta cheese or goatcheese.