Tuscan Vegetable Soup with Kale and Cannelini Beans
- 2 medium carrots cut in 1/4 inches
- 2 medium size onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cellery stalks cut in 1/4 inches
- 2 tsp of mild curry powder
- Coconut oil or olive oil to saute
- A bunch of kale chard, or spinach, finely cut
- 1 can of cannelini beans or garbanzo beans, rinsed in water
- Some parsley or celery leaves chopped to serve as fresh herbs
- Stock: preferably vegetable cubes or vegetable stock from a carton. Suggestion: Test the taste of your vegetable stock in a carton it sometimes has a bad taste. Therefore I prefer the organic cubes. (Normal non organic cubes have a lot of additives like msg (monosodium glutamate) Not good!)
- Water for each stock cube about half a liter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a pot on a stove and add some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Add onions immediately and stir.
- Return to medium heat if too hot, and add some drops of water if bottom starts to burn.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery.
- Add curry powder, stir for about 1 -2 minutes.
- Add water and stock cubes, to cover all veggies.
- Add salt and pepper and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your dark green leaves, the fresh herbs, and rinse the beans.
- All these can be added in the last minute, once you think your other veggies are cooked enough.
- Stir and cook for 1 min more.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Ready to serve with a nice slice of bread and olive oil.
Variations: If you would like some animal protein in this soup, add chicken.
For a slightly different taste, add oregano and a can of diced tomatoes.